About Us

About Us

Tallapoosa Primary School is part of the Haralson County School System located in Tallapoosa, a small town in West Georgia.  Haralson County is a small rural county with a population of approximately 25,000 in northwest Georgia.  Tallapoosa, the "Dogwood City", was named for the river that runs through Haralson County.  Tallapoosa is an Indian word meaning "Golden Water".  Tallapoosa is also known for having opened the free public school in Georgia in 1889.  
 
In the fall of 2003 a new building was opened to replace the original school building which was built in 1936.  The new building consists of 3 wings.  Each wing houses a separate grade level, and a special ediucation.  Tallapoosa Primary School  serves students from pre-kindergarten to second grade.
 

Tallapoosa Primary School Mission, Vision, and Beliefs

The Vision of Haralson County Schools

Haralson County Schools will be recognized as a leader in improving student achievement for ALL students.

The Mission of Haralson County Schools

Haralson County Schools will produce high-achieving students who will graduate and become productive and responsible citizens.

The Beliefs of Haralson County Schools

  • We believe all students deserve to be held to high expectations that reflect individual abilities.
  • We believe every person deserves to be treated with respect.
  • We believe the health, safety, and welfare of all students and employees are a prerequisite to student success.
  • We believe students must be taught academic and life skills, including technology, to succeed in an ever-changing world.
  • We believe school experience should be relevant practice for adulthood.
  • We believe regular attendance is fundamental to learning.
  • We believe all stakeholders share the responsibility for educating students.
  • We believe effective communication is essential for all stakeholders.

DIRECTIONS TO TPS

Tallapoosa Primary School
581 GA HWY 120
Tallapoosa, GA 30176
770-574-7444
Fax: 770-574-8932 
  
DIRECTIONS:
From Tallapoosa, take highway 100 north.  At the second stoplight turn right onto HWY 120.  TPS is approximately 1 mile on your right.
From Buchanan, take HWY 120 west approximately 7.5 miles. TPS is located on your left. 
View text-based website