About Us

About Us

West Haralson Elementary School is a part of the Haralson County School System located in Tallapoosa, a small town in West Georgia. Tallapoosa, the "Dogwood City", was named for the river that runs through Haralson County. Tallapoosa is an Indian word "Golden Water." Tallapoosa is also known for having opened the first free school in Georgia in 1889.
West Haralson Elementary School was the West Haralson High School from 1956 to 1970. In the school year of 1970-1971, a consolidation of schools in Haralson County took place and West Haralson became a 5 th grade through 8 th grade school. In 1997, the Haralson County Middle School opened, and West Haralson School became West Haralson Elementary School, housing grades third through fifth. During the 2002-2003 school year, West Haralson completed a 2.1 million dollar renovation project. The campus contains the main school building and a gymnasium, connected by canopy.

Directions

West Haralson Elementary
4552 Highway 100 N
Tallapoosa, GA 30176
(P) 770-574-7060

DIRECTIONS:

From Tallapoosa , take Highway 100 North approximately 2.5 miles. The main entrance and the front of the school are on the left.
From Buchanan, take Highway 120 until it intersects with Highway 100. Turn right on to Highway 100 North (Crossroads Restaurant will be on the right). The front entrance of the school will be approximately 1.6 miles.
View text-based website