GAA Resource Board- (e-mail Beth Frisby for username and password assignment)
Objectives of this Bulletin Board are to:
Common Core Georgia Performance Standards
Provide relevant, updated information regarding Access to the GPS for our students with the most significant cognitive impairments, provide a forum for educators to ask and answer questions, share resources (e.g., access to adapted materials, pertinent websites, teaching strategies), provide opportunities to share student and classroom successes.
How to Use the GAA Resource Board
- resources primarily for younger students.
ABA Educational Resources LTD.
- free ABA downloads
The Internet Picture Dictionary
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- virtual math manipulatives for all grade levels.
-alignment to Georgia math standards
Owl & Mouse
- free online maps
- free science and math games to help promote critical thinking skills
- GPB Education is Georgia’s digital media content provider for the classroom offering locally produced, Georgia-specific content and digital streaming services across all subject areas to teachers and students.
- social skills and behavioral regulation activities and guidance, learning songs and games, communication cards, academic material, and transition guides for employment and life skills.
- the water cycle
Automated Water Cycle Tutorial
- provides free math worksheets, free math games, grammar quizzes and free phonics worksheets and games. Worksheets and games are organized by grades and topics. These printable math and phonics worksheets are auto generated.
- interactive timeline generator
Classic Audio Books
- create free math worksheets
- free ppt., word, and excel templates
Weather Wiz Kids
- meteorology website
- Interactive Number Properties, Venn Diagrams & Ordering maths teaching resources and activities for children
- free interactive Venn Diagram maker
FunBrain Change Maker
- money skills
- money skills
- public domain books
Classic Literature Library
- public domain books
- this website is the "Official Kids Portal for the U.S. Government".
- food web
- Slater Software has a plethora of FREE downloadable .pdf files that are picture based curricular materials across curricular areas and grade levels. The materials are arranged according to months, but most can be used throughout the year.
EdHelper Literature Materials
- Literature for all grade levels is listed with each grade level book unit including chapter synopses, vocabulary activities, book report forms, and comprehension activities.
There are short stories and poetry for the high school students.
- The Literactive website has several interactive poems that can be used by middle and high school students. Poets include: Robert Louis Stevenson, Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allen Poe, William Wadsworth, and other. The home page, www.literactive.com, also has literacy activities for early elementary grades.
A Maths Dictionary for Kids
- an animated, interactive online math dictionary for students which explains over 600 common mathematical terms and math words in simple language.
- These pages are full of Snacks...but they're not the kind you eat. They're the kind you can learn from and have fun with adapted from exhibits at the Exploratorium, the museum of science, art and human perception at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
- Priory Woods School in England has created many, many interactive lessons for use with students with severe/profound disabilities. These are all free downloads and are available for Mac as well as Windows users.
Pete's Power Point Station
- Pete's Power Point Station website has a multitude of pre-made PowerPoint activities that are available for free. Many of these still need to be adapted further for our students but the basic information is there and these really can save you time across all curricular areas.
- Short videos across curricular areas and grade levels; Videos are directly correlated to grade level standards across the states, including Georgia.
- Resources, animations, images, and lessons on a variety of science topics.
Well-researched links to all kinds of web 2.0 (interactive) websites for classroom instruction.