Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)

Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)

Dear Parent or Guardian:

We are pleased to inform you that the Haralson County School District will continue to implement the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) while participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for School Year 2020-2021.

What does this mean for you and your child(ren) attending the school(s) identified below? 

Great news! All enrolled students of Buchanan Elementary, Buchanan Primary, Haralson County High, Haralson County Middle, Tallapoosa Primary, and West Haralson Elementary Schools are eligible to receive a healthy breakfast and lunch at school at no charge to your household each day of the 2020-2021 school year. Your child(ren) will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit a meal application. 

If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at (770)574-2500 ext. 41224


Pepper Moon,

Director of School Nutrition

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture                                            (2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights                         (3)  email: [email protected].

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;                                                     This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

View text-based website