Welcome to the Family and Community Department of
Haralson County Schools! Our goal is to provide support to our
families by promoting healthy and productive collaborations
with our community and local agencies as well as
partners around the state!
Katrina Sullivan 
Special Education Facilitator
Robin Dockery
McKinney-Vento/Homeless and Family
and Community Liaison
Haralson County School District
299 Robertson Avenue
Tallapoosa, Georgia 30176


Dear Guardians and Parents,
In an effort to improve the safety and security of our students, effective February 3rd, 2015, the Transportation Department will no longer accept requests for transportation changes over the phone or written notes provided to the schools. These new student transportation guidelines will also include the following:

• Bus stop assignments will be determined by the student’s home address.

• Bus Passes/Transportation Changes will not be issued for play dates, birthday parties, sleepovers, scout meetings, or any other reason with the exception of an emergency pending administrative approval AND a parental signature. 
• Unscheduled stops will not be permitted for any reason.
We understand that, for some of you, this may be an unforeseen inconvenience. However, these changes will help us to better protect the well-being of our students from pick up to drop off. 
These changes will take effect on February 3rd, 2015. If you must make alternate arrangements, please don’t delay. If you have any questions, concerns or need further clarification, you may contact the Haralson County Transportation Department at 770-646-5532 ext. 40231.
Thank you,
Elaine Martin 
Transportation Director


Helpful Downloads

Helpful Links


Students who did not pass the graduation test may now petition for their diploma

On Monday, March 30, 2015, Governor Nathan Deal signed House Bill 91 into law, thereby creating a new code section, O.C.G.A. § 20-2-281.1. This law became effective immediately. This law provides that students are no longer required to earn a passing score on any graduation tests to earn a high school diploma. Students, no longer enrolled, whose sole reason for not receiving a high school diploma was due to not passing any part of the graduation tests may petition the local board of education for a diploma by completing the Petition Form found at the link below.
View text-based website